Thursday, February 11, 2010

Beautifully Made

Never thought that these would be the opening thoughts of this blog but they seem appropriate for the time, so I will start with them.
Why does society tell us that we are nothing but imperfect, unfashionable, worthless, people that never seem to fit into the norm (whatever that might be)? An even better question is why do we as women listen to these lies? Why do we strive for perfection and acceptance when there is truly no such thing if you think about it! What is wrong with being yourself? Being unique?
Nothing that is what!! We were created beautifully and wonderfully. Song of Solomon 4:7 states "Oh, how beautiful you are my Darling; there is no flaw in you." Now I am not concerned about if you believe in the bible or not but I do want you to know that you are perfect just the way you are. You were not created as a mistake, or one that is flawed beyond repair. But rather you were uniquely formed in your mother's womb. You were designed for a purpose; one that only you and you alone can fill. Ins't that amazing knowing that you were made for a reason?!? To fill a role in the world that only you can fill!
So when you are down on yourself listening to society's yelling in your face just remember these things.
You were made for a purpose. You were uniquely designed without flaw. And most importantly you are beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. Hey! Girl
    I know you wrote this a few days ago but I just read it today. The words you wrote were just what I needed to hear. I am sitting in kickhof and I am almost ready to cry. Thanks for making my day once again. :)

    Love ya
    Heather
    PS. I do not cry in front of people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful reminder -love this as your opening post. p.s. (this is Laurie, you're IV sister ;)

    ReplyDelete